Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
The tools in our collection are for the use of Inner West Tool Library (IWTL) members. Out of respect for future users, please clean any tools/equipment you borrow before returning them. Please report any damage to the IWTL immediately. Though borrowers are responsible for damage that they have caused, we promise not to be angry. If you feel compelled to return them in better condition than when you borrowed them, that would be highly appreciated.
1. I, state that I am over 18 years of age and capable and experienced in using the tools and equipment I am borrowing, and that I will use the tools and equipment I am borrowing in a proper manner.
2. I, do hereby for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools and equipment, waive any and all claims against the IWTL, its officers, agents, and employees for any injury or injuries of any nature that I may suffer or incur in the use of, or in any way connected with, the tools and equipment that I am borrowing from the Inner West Tool Library.
3. I, hereby for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the IWTL, its officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use of or in any way connected with, the tools and equipment I am borrowing from the IWTL.
4. I am aware that the IWTL, its partners, directors, officers, members, and employees claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any tool and equipment for any particular use. I affirm that the above information is current, true and correct and may be subject to verification.
5. I affirm the above information is current, true and correct; that I have read and fully understand and agree to the Borrowing Rules of the IWTL and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges.
6. By reading and signing this Liability Waiver form, I relinquish any and all claims against the Inner West Tool Library, its officers, agents, and employees.
Member Borrowing Rules & Item Use Policy
Registration and Membership
1.1.1 Members must be over the age of 18 to join the Inner West Tool Library (IWTL).
1.1.2 Membership fees are set out on the IWTL website www.innerwesttoollibrary.com.au. Membership fees are subject to change or increase from year to year.
1.1.3 Late return fees and conditions are set out in section 2.4 below.
1.2 Registration requirements
1.2.1 Members must register online with IWTL prior to borrowing items.
1.2.2 Online registration requires acceptance of the Member Borrowing Rules & Item Use Policy and Liability Waiver, online payment of the relevant membership fee and saving current credit card details on the IWTL secure website.
1.2.3 Registration is not complete until you visit the library in person and present current ID and any necessary concession documents.
1.3.1 Members are entitled to borrow items from IWTL once registration is complete.
1.3.2 Borrowing and online reservation of items will be suspended if a member’s credit card expires during the membership period. Full access will be reinstated once new details are provided.
1.3.3 IWTL retains the right to refuse to loan items to any person for any reason other than contrary to Australian law.
2. Borrowing and Returns
2.1.1 IWTL will be open for members to borrow and return goods from the IWTL Inventory (Items) at the times set out on the IWTL website www.innerwesttoollibrary.com.au. These opening times are subject to change at IWTL’s sole discretion.
2.1.2 Items may only be collected and returned during IWTL’s stipulated opening hours.
2.1.3 Items borrowed on a Saturday must be returned the following Saturday by 10.30am (the Return Date)
2.2.1 The IWTL is located in the garage of the Petersham Bowling Club, at the end of the driveway at 77 Brighton Street, Petersham NSW 2049.
2.2.2 Items for return must not be left unattended outside the IWTL garage or elsewhere on the Petersham Bowling Club premises at any time.
2.2.3 Items not properly returned to IWTL volunteers on site, during opening hours, by the Return Date will incur late fees in accordance with section 2.4 below.
2.2.4 Items must be returned clean and in good repair or additional charges may be incurred under section 2.5.
2.3 Item limits and renewals
2.3.1 Members may borrow up to seven items at one time.
2.3.2 Members borrowing multiple items may be requested to defer borrowing of certain items based on demand.
2.3.3 On-site renewals may be permitted on the return date at the discretion of the ITWL, subject to demand.
2.4 Late return fees
2.4.1 Members will be charged the following late fees for each item kept past the Return Date.
(a) $1.00/day/tool for items; and
(b) $3.00/day/tool for power tools and in-demand items Note IWTL is only open Saturday, so late fee will be $7/item and $21/power tool per week.
2.4.2 Fees will be charged automatically to member’s designated credit card.
2.4.3 Further borrowing is restricted until all overdue items are returned.
2.4.4 IWTL may take steps to recover overdue ITWL items after a reasonable time, including by using a recovery agency and/or legal action.
2.5 Payment for loss or damage
2.5.1 Immediately upon request from IWTL a Member must pay:
(a) replacement cost of any item which, for whatever reason, is not returned to IWTL;
(b) costs incurred in cleaning any items returned in an unclean state;
(c) the full cost of repairing any damage to any item (not normally considered wear and tear);
(d) the full cost of replacing damaged item if repair is not possible;
(f) all costs incurred by IWTL in recovering possession of any items (including legal costs).
2.6 Item availability
2.6.1 The IWTL cannot guarantee that all reserved items will be available for collection. The IWTL will endeavour to contact you as soon as practicable if your reserved item(s) is unavailable.
3. Safe and Proper Use
3.1 Only registered Members are authorised to use IWTL items. Members must not permit any items to be used by any other person unless with the express written permission of IWTL. Members must not lend borrowed items to any other person.
3.2 Members must immediately discontinue use of an IWTL item if it breaks or otherwise becomes unsafe.
3.3 Members must not attempt to repair or otherwise modify items.
3.4 If IWTL staff or volunteers identify a need for you to borrow additional equipment related to your selected items, either for safety or effective use or any other reason, you must accept and comply with this advice.
3.5 Members are responsible for the following:
Determining item(s) are suitable for the member’s intended purpose
Safe and lawful operation of the item(s) in accordance any manufacturer’s instructions provided with the item (if any)
Use of personal protective equipment where provided
Thoroughly assessing hazard and risks before using the item(s)
4. Updates to this document
4.1 The IWTL will notify current members of any changes to the Member Borrowing Rules & Item Use Policy. Policy updates apply to all item loans beginning after the notification date.
5. Privacy and Data Collection
5.1 IWTL will take all reasonable steps to protect Members’ personal information online.
5.2 IWTL currently uses GoogleDrive by Google to store files and information; MyTurn to power its catalogue; Stripe to collect online payments. The privacy and/or data security policies of these providers are linked below*.
5.3 By applying for membership online and using the IWTL web based catalogue and payment gateway providers, members are submitting personal data at their own risk. IWTL is not liable for any breaches of Member’s privacy or abuse of Member’s personal information by any other party.
* 3rd-party privacy and/or data security policies The information security practices of Google are available at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/#infosecurity.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?